OPINION LETTER


072-964 00 18
Kognevägen 25A
64431 TORSHĂ„LLA
April 16, 2015

Karl Andersson
The Editor of Destroyer Magazine
08 - 13 35 74 Krukmakarg. 24 -26,
118 51 STOCKHOLM


Dear Mr. Andersson,

Several years ago, I began to take notice of your magazine, ‘Destroyer’, due to the controversy it caused. According to some news I read, you had decided to stop the publication of the magazine. However, when I tried to visit your website recently, I found out that you are still opening order for older issues. Aside from that, your home section is also very proactive in posting everything related to underage boys. In my opinion, your company had not taken full responsibility for your earlier commitment.

In my understanding, stopping the publication means you would stop selling the issues. Please correct me if I am mistaken. However, regardless of the term you use, I believe that it would be better for everyone if you stop distributing your magazine. Despite your claim of otherwise, I just could not be convinced that all the models in your magazine are of age. Even if they are indeed eighteen years old, it is clear that you were trying to fit them into the image of adolescent boys. Could you honestly put pictures of youthful-looking males in both candid and provocative poses in your magazine and then try to block the repercussion by stating that they are of age? Their age is not the issue here; the problem is what image you made them represent.

I understand that your magazine is an important symbol for the LGBT community. I would have no qualms about ‘Destroyer’ if it featured regular gay material. However, as I’m sure you are aware, it did more than that. I am concerned about the sway your magazine carried, and the effect it would have on society. I honestly could not help but fear that ‘Destroyer’ would encourage the numbers of crime against young boys. Even more than that, having a gay magazine features young boys as their main theme would be equivalent to saying that sexual attraction to underage people is acceptable. LGBT movements are now protected by the laws; the same could not be said for underage sex, for good reasons. So once again, I ask you to stop the publication of ‘Destroyer’.

I thank you for your attention. It would be my greatest pleasure if you can take consideration of my opinion.


Yours sincerely,

Dian Nourma

(image resource: https://ps11showme.com/video-tutorials/writing/opinion/)

Post a Comment

0 Comments